Saturday, October 5, 2013

Micro Lalaloopsy!



This will be a short review, given the fact these Lalaloopsy aren't very much to look at, nor do they function much of a purpose. But they are as cute as a new button and fun to collect!

Micro Lalaloopsy are quarter sized, miniature figurines that one can find in a surprise pack. Each doll comes with a matching sticker, a tiny heart sticker, and a poster that shows all of the micro's that belong to that specific series. On the back of the poster, one can use their stickers to mark which micro they own if they please.


Currently there are five series out, but as you will be able to see from my pictures that I only have series one through three. This is because where I live, they are not very popular. I only find them in SOME K-Marts for about two dollars, and last time I went (a couple months back) they didn't have any, yet the box was still there. I have a theory that I may have been the only person buying them since the box always looked exactly the same every time I came. I even bought the last three in the box the time before then...

These addictive little cuties may be hard to find, but they can be a real fun treat. They may not do much, but one thing people are encouraged to do can be kinda fun if you have a bunch...

Our bodies!

Something feels different...

 That's right! Their heads pop right off and you can switch/swap them and the bodies around to create brand new micros. I assume if you wanted to you can also repaint/mod them, something I had wished to do and intentionally planned, but I lost a few of the doubles I had, so I never got to find out how good it works other then seeing a picture someone did of them:

Not mine

 Anyway I will now go over each of the series to show you what the Micro world consists of up to this point. Each set comes with 12 brand new micros, with one being a mystery micro, and one being a blank micro.
Sorry for the glare, blame my camera

In this series, the dolls had three mold types: Bea Spells-a-lot, Spot Splatter Splash, or Crumbs Sugar Cookie.
  1. Crumbs Sugar Cookie
  2. Sheep/Lamb 
  3. Bea Spells-a-lot
  4. Aluminum/Metal
  5. Purple
  6. Doodles/Paper
  7. Spot Splatter Splash
  8. Bird
  9. Yellow Blank
  10. Snowman
  11. Sprinkles/Cupcake
  12. Mystery (Gold/Yellow)
Curse you glare!



Series 2 kept the same mold shapes as previous, but with different characters.
  1. Pillow Featherbed
  2. Mittens Fluff 'N' Stuff
  3. Dot Starlight
  4. Owl
  5. Light Pink
  6. Orange
  7. Hot Cocoa
  8. Gingerbread
  9. Clown
  10. Paint Splatters
  11. Pale yellow blank
  12. Mystery (Polar Bear)



As Series 3 did, the mold shapes remained the same but the characters did not. This time, Peanut Big Top, Jewel Sparkles, and Tippy Tumblelina were chosen.

  1. Peanut Big Top
  2. Jewel Sparkles
  3. Tippy Tumblelina
  4. Cow
  5. Chick
  6. Pale Pink Blank
  7. Deep Pink
  8. Milk and Cookies
  9. Blue
  10. Scarecrow
  11. Night Sky
  12. Mystery (Jam)

While keeping three of the original molds, series 4 introduced two more: Patch Treasurechest and Marina Anchors

  1.  Berry Jarns 'N' Jam
  2. Mouse
  3. Traffic Cone/Teacher (?)
  4. Patch Skeleton Costume
  5. Marina Anchors
  6. Cat
  7. Neon Yellow Blank
  8. Sunny Side Up
  9. Yellow
  10. Pink
  11. Patch Treasurechest
  12. Mystery (pink with card symbols)

 The most current series, 5 only introduced one new mold. This being Blossom Flowerpots.

  1. Blossom Flowerpot
  2. Misty Mysterious
  3. Swan
  4. Parrot
  5. Peppy Pom Poms
  6. Pepper Pots 'N' Pans
  7. Purple
  8. Orange
  9. Popcorn
  10. Polkadot
  11. Pale Blue Blank
  12. Mystery
And so, I shall now go into my pros, cons, rankings mode.


Pros
  • There's all sorts to find
  • Fun to collect
  • A fun little surprise for any Lalaloopsy fan
  • The creative ways they can be used

Cons
  • Because they come in mystery bags there isn't anyway to avoid getting repeats
  • They're easy to lose
  • They can be somewhat dangerous to young children
  • Little to no use

Versatility/Use

As I have demonstrated/said/shown, Micro Lalaloopsy have a mixed reaction when it comes to their uses. They can't really be played with since they're so tiny and have a singular moving part, but at the same time you can play with them and even swap their heads for fun. They can be customized by repainting or simply using them in a craft, where all you need is some creativity to help you out!

While some may only see them as a one-note pony, I think it's up to the owners themselves to decide how far they can truly take them.



I give them a five out of five because while some may only see them as a one-note pony, I think it's up to the owners themselves to decide how far they can truly take them.

Safety

As mentioned in the cons listing, I am concerned that they may be dangerous for young children, should they ever be given one. The heads of the micro are pretty big, but it wouldn't stop a child from trying to eat it. The bodies meanwhile, could also be ate, or even shoved into the ear or nose.

Now I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I do want people to realize they still have to pay attention to these things and feel it's important to warn them.



General Appeal


The Micro Lalaloopsy are a very required taste as far as I know. A lot of people comment on how much they adore them on the Lalaloopsy Land wiki I run, but I've heard countless times that on facebook a lot of people/parents are complaining about them.




Before I end the entry, I leave you with this. Another idea you can do with Micro Lalaloopsy:
















Not Mine

1 comment:

  1. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! Injection molder

    ReplyDelete